ABIDE Day Eight

Day Eight

Abide in me
Remain united to me by a living faith. Live a life of dependence on me, and obey my doctrines, imitate my example, and constantly exercise faith in me.

And I in you
If you remain attached to me, I will remain with you, and will teach, guide, and comfort you. 

When we are united to him by a living faith strength flows from him to us, and we receive help as needed. 




The phrase abiding in Christ pictures an intimate, close relationship, and not just a superficial acquaintance. Jesus tells His disciples that drawing life from Him is essential, using the picture of branches united to a vine: “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.” Without that vital union with Christ that salvation provides, there can be no life and no productivity.  


Comments

  1. There are days that I don't feel like I am bearing much fruit...and then I realize I need to get back into God's Word and drawing closer to Him so that I can grow and then I will be able to produce good fruit again. Thank you for this wonderful reminder. Our life in Christ is a daily walk, something to be a part of our every day life, not just on Sundays. Thank you for these good messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary! Much needed words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABIDE ~ Thirteen

ABIDE Day Six

ABIDE Day Twelve